Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS635879
Are you looking for an exciting change?
North Lake Senior Campus (SC) is seeking to establish a pool of Canteen Attendants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2021.
The role of the Canteen Attendant is to prepare meals, serve the patrons of the canteen, and ensure that a high standard of catering, health, safety and hygiene is maintained. Suitable applicants will undertake food and stock control, including ordering and stock rotation. Other requirements of the role are cleaning the canteen, including pantries, freezers, cool rooms, and store rooms as well as clearing waste to appropriate areas and ensuring that equipment and utensils are cleaned to appropriate standards.
North Lake SC provides a quality education for young people wanting to complete Year 11 and Year 12 in a different, unique and exciting adult campus. With an atmosphere more like a university or adult training institute than a traditional secondary school, North Lake Senior Campus offers opportunities for students to achieve university entry, gain an apprenticeship, trainee-ship or work.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in working in a canteen or café, including the storage, preparation and sale of food and the dealing with monies / cash register.
- Ability to provide courteous and efficient customer service.
- Knowledge of food hygiene practices and relevant Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
- Communication skills and ability to work as part of a small team and contribute to team outcomes.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about North Lake Senior Campus can be found by visiting www.northlake.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Anne Tims, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9314 0444 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 1 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.