Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA626047
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2020
Broome Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and innovative educational leader to join their Behaviour Management team.
The Program Coordinator (PC) – Behaviour Management is one of 2 staff members responsible for overseeing and managing the behaviour of students in Years 7 - 12 in collaboration with the Deputy Principal (Student Services). The incumbent’s primary role will be shared leadership of Behaviour Management at Broome SHS including active participation in the Positive Behaviour in Schools implementation committee. The PC - Behaviour Management will also have a role with the Student Services team, which will be reviewed annually in line with school needs. As a Level 3 Program Coordinator, this position involves playing an active role in the school’s Senior Leadership team.
The successful applicant will work, in collaboration with the Student Services Manager, Deputy Principals, Year Leaders, Heads of Learning Areas (HOLAs) and external agencies to manage and resolve student behaviour issues including the issue of appropriate consequences and will work with parents to encourage student learning or behaviour change.
The PC – Behaviour Management will communicate effectively with all stakeholders in a range of circumstances including parent meetings and case conferences, referrals to support agencies and restorative practice discussions between individuals following conflict. You will support activities and initiatives developed by the Student Services Team to develop positive student-staff relationships and school culture. It is expected that the successful applicant will collaborate with the extended Student Services team (including School Psychologist, Chaplain, Academies & Aboriginal and Islander Education Officers) and families to facilitate development of Individual Behaviour and Risk Management Plans for students with ongoing behavioural issues and to develop proactive strategies at a class, year or whole school level to address key issues within the school.
Broome is a vibrant and attractive coastal town in the Kimberley region of Western Australia. As a tourist town, Broome is well resourced regarding facilities and services. Broome Senior High School is a high performing school with a diverse student population and a wide range of class offerings.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Broome Senior High School can be found by visiting www.broomeshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Cathy Winfield, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9195 3100 or emailing Cathy.Winfield@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three to four (3-4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 8 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.