Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS635760
Do you have a green thumb?
Northampton District High School (DHS) is seeking to establish a pool of hardworking and reliable Gardener - Handyperson for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2021.
As the Gardener - Handyperson you will work to provide gardening, grounds and facility management to ensure a safe and clean school environment. You will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. You will be reliable, have a proactive approach to tasks and a strong work ethic The successful applicant will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson duties in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines. The Gardener - Handyperson will have good interpersonal skills and the ability to receive and be able carry out instruction.
Northampton DHS is located in the rural setting of Northampton, 54km north of Geraldton. Providing high quality education for the local community, it caters to children from Kindergarten to Year 10.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management.
- Experience in minor servicing of horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Northampton DHS please visit www.northamptondhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Tina Perry, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Northampton, by telephoning 0429 342 244 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- A cover letter/statement of up to two (2) pages addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in gardening and handyperson roles in this cover letter/statement.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the application questions and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 8 July 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.