Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS635858
Waroona District High School (DHS) is seeking to establish a pool of Gardener – Handyperson for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2021.
The suitable applicants will have experience with reticulation, and general maintenance tasks of both grounds and buildings. We are looking for someone with ideas and expertise to assist in the development of our school gardens. We are seeking an individual who would be required to maintain and present the school grounds/gardens in a clean and tidy condition, providing a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping. Good interpersonal skills are necessary, along with the ability to receive and carry out instruction are highly desirable
Waroona DHS offers a Kindergarten to Year 10 education to our students. The school is situated in a beautiful garden setting close to the town centre and adjacent to a modern recreation and aquatic centre.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Waroona District High School please visit Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Tammy Loffler, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, by telephoning 0412 512 448 or emailing Tammy.Loffler@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply! All applications are submitted online.
You need to provide a detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
In no more than two (2) pages, please address the selection criteria by providing an example for each that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria.
To submit your application, you will need:
- your CV
- your cover letter
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the application questions and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 17 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.