Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE631432
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Business Analyst in the ICT Business Engagement branch.
ICT Business Engagement is the primary entry point to ICT for any new significant effort, project, planning or major change initiative and has responsibility for undertaking the primary, initial engagement with organisational and external stakeholders. The Business Analysis unit provides a key role in improving both long and short term insights into customer requirements through effective engagement and use of customer appropriate language and terminology to assist the Department’s Central Services, shape effective, complete, well-articulated business cases in respect of ICT elements.
The Business Analyst will elicit and document business requirements, functional specifications and business rules that are clear and understood by both the business and technical stakeholders. The successful applicant will work directly with enterprise architects, resource planning and project teams, business systems analysts and systems officers.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements
- Substantial knowledge and experience in business analysis best practices, methodologies and frameworks.
- Substantial skills in consulting with business to develop business requirements, driving process redesign, and defining functional and systems requirements.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills that demonstrate experience in applying business analysis principles and practices to a complex application environment.
- Well developed project management skills with the ability to provide high quality services to client management.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, including negotiation and liaison skills, and the ability to work with individuals at all levels.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Bremini Ganeson, A/Manager, by telephoning (08) 9264 5548 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 7 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED