Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE633323
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
If you are a creative, driven and talented communications professional we want you as our Digital Communications Officer.
Working as part of a team, you will use your skills to develop, coordinate and evaluate digital communications, including social media and website content creation. You will have a passion for behavioural analytics and the ability to spot trends and formulate recommendations to stakeholders.
The successful applicant will be responsible for creating and scheduling social media and website content and reporting on campaign success. You will also keep user experience in mind when providing advice to business areas on structuring, writing and presenting online content. You will have a proven track record in these areas as well as the ability to think both creatively and laterally.
We are looking for a highly motivated and personable applicant with excellent interpersonal skills. You will use these in providing high level advice and support in strategic activities across the Department to business units, regions and schools. Working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will have a high level of attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
The focus of public relations and marketing is to ensure all activities enhance the image and reputation of the Department of Education and promote Western Australian Government initiatives in education.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Digital marketing skills with the knowledge and ability to develop and implement innovative and creative strategies.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral) including the ability to liaise effectively with senior management across government, the education sector, business and industry, and the community.
- Highly developed skills and substantial experience in creating digital communications for a range of purposes and audiences.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Conceptual and analytical skills including campaign evaluation and report writing skills.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kim Parkin, Digital Marketing Strategist by telephoning (08) 9264 4388 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements [1, 3 and 5], in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary and an example of work relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 6 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED