Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE633543
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2020 with possible twelve (12) month extension and/or permanency
Legal Services provides advice to the Department on legal and legislation matters. Legal Services is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Legal Process Officer, Historical Sexual Abuse (HSA) Redress in the Legal Services branch.
The legal process officer, HSA provides secretarial and administrative support to the Senior Legal team. The legal process Officer will administer and monitor HSA redress matters, pays accounts, and produces monthly financial reports in relation to HSA matters.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Knowledge and experience in the effective delivery of secretarial and administrative support services in a legal environment, including word processing, audio transcription, spreadsheets and databases.
- Knowledge of legal terminology and processes, including managing summons and subpoenas, and liaising with issuing solicitors and the Courts.
- Well developed verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise and work effectively in a team environment.
- Initiative and organisational skills, including the ability to work independently, identify priorities and meet deadlines.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kerry Marshall, Senior Legal Officer, by telephoning (08) 9264 4052 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
Employees will be required to:
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 1 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED