Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS634265
This is a permanent part-time (0.76FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2020
One Arm Point Remote Community School (RCS) is seeking an energetic and efficient Gardener - Handyperson to join their team. As our schools Gardener - Handyperson you will have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy working to provide a suitable growing environment for soft and hard landscaping.
As the successful applicant you will be able to provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. In this role you will be responsible for maintenance of tools and horticultural equipment and you may be required to perform minor repairs and handy work. The successful applicant will have effective communication skills to provide advice and support to our registrar on school grounds maintenance and will be responsible for keeping gardening records.
One Arm Point RCS is part of a coastal community situated on a narrow point of land and is flanked by the ocean on the three sides. It serves an Aboriginal community of some 400 Bardi people.
The Community has a Community Development Employment Program, which provides a form of employment for the adult community members. There is a growing out stations movement. At present the school focus is on the ongoing improvement of all students through an educational program sensitive to the special challenges of the school. The Community is involved in the School's decision making through involvement in the School Council. They are also invited to School Development Days. As with most schools a few dedicated parents make up most committees.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about One Arm Point Remote Community School can be found by visiting Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Belinda Mallard, Deputy Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in One Arm Point, by telephoning (08) 9192 4932 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
You need to provide a detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
In no more than one page, please address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria.
To submit your application, you will need:
- your completed application form, if you are not applying on JobsWA
- your CV
- your cover letter
- Hand deliver your documents to the school reception. You must do this before the closing date below.
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the application questions and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 1 July 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED