Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE632890
This is a permanent full-time position commencing September 2020
The North Metropolitan Education Regional Office is seeking an organised and enthusiastic person to fill the role of Administrative Assistant in Home Education. The Administrative Assistant will provide clerical and administrative support including basic research to the Home Education Team and the Coordinator of Regional Services. The successful applicant will prepare, process and deliver incoming and outgoing correspondence, parental registrations, as well as draft responses, prepare basic reports, Notices of Concerns and Cancellation documents to support Home Education Team processes and policy.
The successful applicant will be able to deal with multiple demands, possess good organisational skills, and have a flexible approach and positive outlook. The position requires a responsible applicant that has the ability to use their initiative, excellent attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
The North Metropolitan Education Region supports the Department’s priorities in Western Australia and commits to delivering, through schools and services, a full and engaging standard of public education, supportive of students, teachers and parents. The North Metropolitan Education Region comprises more than 240 public schools across the north metropolitan area from Cottesloe to Lancelin and east to Wooroloo.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position. Please note a job share arrangement may be considered for this position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements, addressing only criteria 1, 2, 3 and 4:
- Well developed knowledge and experience in administrative and clerical functions
- Well developed keyboarding and computer skills including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing
- Organisational skills with the ability to use initiative and work independently and as part of a team
- Well developed verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with officers at all levels
- Knowledge of and experience in account payments and monitoring expenditure for a work unit
Please note: For applicants deemed suitable, all Work Related Requirements listed in the JDF will be assessed at some stage during the selection process.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Andy O'Brien, Coordinator Regional Services, by telephoning (08) 9285 3600 or emailing Andy.Obrien@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements 1, 2, 3 and 4 only, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 1 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED