Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE630641
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP with possible extension (36 months)
The Finance and Commercial Services Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Senior Finance Consultant, Systems Implementation in the Financial Services Directorate. In addition to the position advertised, it is anticipated that additional fixed term vacancies will arise in the near future and may be filled from this recruitment process.
The Senior Finance Consultant, Systems Implementation provides project management support to the Project Lead – Finance, and is involved in more complex finance components of the SIS Replacement Project, a project to replace the finance and administration software across 800+ public schools in WA. This includes identifying and analysing functional requirements, designing and developing School Chart of Accounts and other key interfaces between corporate and school administration and learning management systems to School Finance System (including the School Allocation Module, Schools Resourcing System, Oracle General Ledger and the establishment of a Department wide master supplier listing).
The SIS Replacement Finance Project Team is part of the Financial Services Directorate and works closely with the Information and Communication Technologies SIS Replacement Project team.
The Project Team is responsible for providing an integrated finance solution for schools comprising of the Finance and the General Ledger, Asset and Resource Management, Purchasing and Payables, Billing and Debtor Management and budgeting modules and an opportunity for improvement in accounting and business processes to enhance financial management and decision making for school users. The Project Team is responsible for developing system design, software testing, training, migration, implementation and support to schools.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of the financial regulatory framework such as the Australian Accounting Standards, the Financial Management Act, tax legislatures and other relevant legislation.
- Extensive skills and experience in integrated systems accounting and contemporary financial management systems and practices, including financial accounting, budgeting and reporting.
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and influence results.
- Highly developed research, conceptual and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and clarify issues and problems and develop effective strategies to address them.
- Substantial skills and experience in the planning, development and delivery of workplace training.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Piyamal Withanarachchi, Project Lead – Finance, SIS Replacement Project, by telephoning (08) 9264 4818 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements two (2), three (3) and four (4), in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- hold a recognised tertiary qualification in Accounting, Business, Finance or related areas or equivalent substantial experience
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current valid ‘C’ class Western Australian driver’s licence
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 2 June 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED