Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS629291
This is a permanent, part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2020
Do you possess strong communication and organisational skills?
Dandaragan Primary School (PS) are seeking to appoint a hardworking and motivated Manager Corporate Services (MCS) to join our friendly team working one day per week.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Principal and current Manager Corporate Services to establish and be responsible for the financial, physical and human resource processes of the school. The successful applicant will assist with the business operations, financial planning and budgeting, and work with the leadership team to recruit, supervise and manage support staff. The successful applicant will need to have the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
It would be highly desirable for the successful applicant to possess a proficient understanding of Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS), RM Finance, Student Centred Funding (SCF), staff recruitment processes and Student Information Systems (SIS). You will be primarily responsible for human resource management and supporting the current Manager Corporate Services with finance and planning.
The successful applicant will also have the ability to work in a collaborative team environment committed to building quality communication with all stakeholders, and developing strong community relationships and links. You will demonstrate outstanding oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. You will also have outstanding analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills and will work closely with the leadership of the school to respond to customer enquiries and issues.
Dandaragan PS caters for children from Kindergarten to Year 6. Situated in a small rural town 170 km north of Perth in the Midwest Education Region, most of our students live on surrounding farms and are bused to school.
We aspire to be a school that is trusted to provide a high standard of teaching that supports all students to learn. We encourage our students to develop a love of learning and enthusiasm for new experiences and challenges. We value our connection to the community and aim for our students to be active citizens in local, global and digital communities.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Relevant financial management skills, including input into budget preparation and the ability to apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Ability to implement and monitor business and/or marketing plans.
- Conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Dandaragan PS can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Susan Bennett, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including a current business plan and information about living and working in Dandaragan, by telephoning (08) 9651 4017 or emailing Susan.Bennett@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 June 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.