Learning and Engagement Officer
The Western Australian Museum’s vision is to be an excellent and vibrant Museum, valued and used by all Western Australians and admired and visited by the world.
The WA Museum is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an equitable and diverse working environment and providing opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and young people. The Museum values the importance of a work environment which is representative of the wider community and which supports a variety of perspectives.
This is a permanent part time vacancy at 0.5 FTE (37.5 hours per fortnight). There will also be a Pool running for a period of 18 months from the initial appointment. Applicants deemed suitable will be placed into a pool where appointments may be considered for similar vacancies for full-time, part-time, casual, fixed term or permanency.
A current (within 6 months) National Police Clearance Certificate and a Working With Children Clearance will be required prior to commencement of employment, as per the Department’s Police Record Screening Policy.
The Learning and Engagement Officer’s primary role is to enhance the Museum of Geraldton’s profile through the development, implementation and evaluation of high-quality programs, experiences and resources that are relevant to the collection at the Museum of Geraldton.
Duties of the role will include -
- Develop, implement and resource high quality programs and experiences relating to the Museum’s displays and its collection for a wide audience.
- Assist in the promotion of the Museum through the State’s education system, the general public and relevant organisations.
- Participate in talks, lectures and events as part of the Museum’s outreach program.
- Participate in Museum project teams
- Assist with training and evaluation of volunteers, visitor services officers and other Museum staff, as required.
Other duties as required with respect to the scope of the position.
Appointment is subject to:
Eligibility to Work in Australia and a current C” Class drivers licence.
How to apply for this position
- Applicants are required to apply on-line and must provide;
- a comprehensive CV
- no more than a three A4 page (Word or PDF document) outlining your skills and knowledge in relation to the Work-Related Requirements that are listed on the attached Job Description Form
For further details on how to apply please read the attached ‘Applicant Information Package’.
To submit your application, please click on the Apply for Job button.
If you are unable to apply online, please refer to the attached Applicant Information Package (section ‘Submitting Your Application’).
If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please contact a member of the HR Team on (08) 6552 1613 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Please note that all of the Essential Work-Related Requirements will be assessed at some stage during the selection process.
For further job related information, please contact Leigh O’Brien on (08) 9431 8385 (not to be contacted for an Applicant Information Package).
NO FAXED, LATE OR PROFORMA APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
To avoid last minute congestion of the system which may result in your application being received after the closing time and therefore not be eligible, please endeavour to submit your application well before the closing time.
- 14653 regional learning and engagement officer 18.03.22020.pdf
- applicant information package - wam.pdf
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader.