Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS623762
This is a permanent part-time (0.25FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020
Do you have what it takes to make our school sparkle?
Safety Bay Senior High School (SHS) is seeking dedicated and enthusiastic Cleaner to join their friendly team.
We currently have the following positions available:
- 2 x – permanent part-time (0.25FTE) positions
The successful applicant will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting and rubbish removal. They will perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandahs and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning and removal of cobwebs. They will complete vacation cleaning duties, including the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandahs and undercover areas, maintenance of gymnasium floors, and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
Situated on the coast 50 kilometres south of Perth, Safety Bay (SHS) is an Independent Public Secondary School catering for approximately 1130 students in Years 7 to 12. We challenge our students to develop the capacity to be lifelong learners where every member of the school community is dared to 'Imagine with all our minds, Believe with all our heart and Achieve with all our might'
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Safety Bay SHS please visit www.safetybay.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
Please contact Manager Corporate Services, (08) 9527 0200 or emailing Sue.Cummings@education.wa.edu.au
During school holidays please send an email to Sue.Cummings@education.wa.edu.au or call Sue on mobile number 0473 527 049.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 15 May 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED