Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS622856
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing ASAP
Mount Barker Community College (CC) is seeking a reliable and enthusiastic School Officer to join their support team.
The School Officer is responsible for completing a variety of administrative duties. As the first point of contact for staff, students and visitors to our school, you will need to be confident, organised and approachable. The successful applicant will possess the ability to prioritise tasks, assist others whilst liaising with a range of visitors, students and staff.
In this role, the successful applicant will also ensure school databases; records and management information systems are accurate, up-to-date and routinely maintained. Good interpersonal and communication skills are highly desired for this role. Experience using the SIS and HRMIS systems and some exposure to financial processes is desirable but not essential.
Mount Barker Community College is a Kindergarten to Year 12 School, situated 50km north of Albany. It is a fine and distinctive college with positive staff, students and parents. We are a community college with strong links and support from our community, and increasingly sophisticated technology to support learning. We are a PBS school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Mount Barker CC can be found by visiting www.mountbarkercommunitycollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Charlene Holmes, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Mount Barker, by telephoning (08) 9851 3400 or emailing Charlene.firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the vacation period, Charlene Holmes can be contacted by telephoning 0400 263 030 (business hours only) or via email.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment;
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 22 June 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE.
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.