Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS623244
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020
Ngaanyatjarra Lands School is seeking an organised and reliable individual to work amongst a dedicated team as a School Officer based in our Kalgoorlie Office.
Most of the over 300 students are Aboriginal, living in communities that make up Western Desert cultural bloc, and have Ngaanyatjarra, Pintupi or Pitjantjatjara as their first language. The school includes the following campuses:
The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting the Manager Corporate Services in administering the financial, physical and human resources of the school whilst upholding confidentiality and security of sensitive material. This role will focus on student enrolment data, including providing information, advice and collecting documentation for enrolment of new and current students.
As the School Officer you are a first point of contact, the successful applicant will have a customer focus, excellent interpersonal and organisational skills. Ideally you will have a high level of Information Computer Technology (ICT) competency and be able to display a commitment to building positive relationships and work as part of our team.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively
- experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ngaanyatjarra Lands School can be found by visiting Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Jenny Matthey, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, by telephoning 0477365920 or emailing Jenny.Matthey@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two to three (2-3) page statement addressing the following Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school, please address work related requirements 1,3 and 5.
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 30 April 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.