Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP626150
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2,2020
Halidon Primary School (PS) is seeking an innovative, knowledgeable and committed Associate Principal with the personal qualities to work collaboratively as part of its leadership team. This will involve facilitating workforce effectiveness by inspiring and working collaboratively with staff to develop Business Plan 2020 – 2022 and implement the school’s vision and core values of Gratitude, Respect, Resilience, Ownership and Willingness.
As the successful applicant you will possess a deep understanding of current research and evidence based practices and explicit instruction into the curriculum to provide strategic direction for staff in promoting a culture of improvement. Demonstrated leadership of whole school initiatives which impact positively on teaching and learning will be advantageous. They will also demonstrate a proven track record of raising student achievement and experience with contemporary curriculum and pedagogical practices for Early Childhood Education.
This position of Associate Principal requires the applicant to have a proven capacity to build and support Professional Learning Communities to deliver consistent practices and planning processes across the school with a focus on student learning and professional collaboration. They will demonstrate their ability to engage with teams to develop and deliver high quality professional learning, review and refine planning through the analysis of student data and the implementation of effective teaching strategies to action improvement in student outcomes in particular in English and Mathematics.
The applicant will be committed to engaging in teacher improvement and demonstrate the ability to support staff to self-reflect on their professional practice, build the capacity of teachers and strong staff performance through classroom observation, feedback, modelling and coaching.
The successful applicant will be committed to student mental health and wellbeing and will have an understanding of the practices and policies that support good outcomes for all students in this area. A proven strength in the management of the Students Services portfolio and a sound knowledge of disability data collection would also be advantageous.
Inclusive to this portfolio is the ability to support staff to develop differentiated programs of curriculum to support student requirements, therefore an understanding of differentiated practice for meeting the needs of students at risk and those requiring academic extension would be favourable. It is strongly recommended that applicants view the school website and Business Plan prior to applying.
Halidon PS was established in 1986 and is located in the suburb of Kingsley, approximately 17 kilometres north of Perth. The school caters for the educational needs of approximately 260 students. After school care and vacation care is available on site.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Halidon PS can be found by visiting Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Helen Demiris, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9409 9288 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 2 April 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.