Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS624126
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream, the successful applicant will have the ability to assist the teacher in the delivery of planned education programs across a variety of year levels and have the ability to work with individual students or small groups, including students at educational risk. The successful applicant will also assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources, for use in classes, displays and demonstration, and assisting the teacher with clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities.
The successful applicant will be resilient and demonstrate high care for students and have the belief that all students can make progress when they are supported appropriately. The successful Education Assistant will need to build and maintain successful relationships with students and other stakeholders and work as part of a team.
Located 300km north of Perth in the Shire of Coorow, our students are from coastal towns Leeman and Greenhead. These towns owe their origin to the lobster fishing industry. More recently, the population has become transient, but we welcome all newcomers and are always sad to see some move away.
We have a strong focus on literacy and numeracy and the integration and implementation of the Western Australian Curriculum. We have a whole school approach to English and Maths, implementing the Talk4Writing, Jolly Phonics and Jolly Grammar programs as well as the Stepping Stones Maths program. Our Early Childhood focus is also on the development of pre-literacy and numeracy and early literacy and numeracy skills and concepts which assists in the identification of potential learning difficulties or barriers. We provide a well-resourced intervention program, supported by a speech pathologist, occupational therapist and school psychologist.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Leeman Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Luke Schulze, Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Leeman, by telephoning 9953 3100 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 April 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.