Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS624927
Wickham Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2021.
Suitable applicants will be responsible for internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition, they will carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning. They will play a vital function ensuring that the school is clean and provides a safe and hygienic environment for our staff, students and community members.
For more than 45 years, Wickham PS has offered a high quality education for our Kindergarten to Year 6 students. We value a safe, friendly and inclusive learning environment for staff, students and their families with respect to the strong cultural history of the Ngarluma people.
Our school is an established and integral part of the small town community spirit that defines Wickham. Our highly experienced staff are able to build solid relationships with students and parents by implementing our whole-school positive behaviour support program of High Expectations, Respect for all and Safety.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Wickham Primary School please visit www.wickhamprimaryschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Michelle Schut, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Wickham, by telephoning (08) 9185 8500 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Please ensure you address the Selection Criteria listed on the attached JDF by providing details of your experience and examples for each of the criteria on a separate piece of paper numbering them from 1 to 3.
- Telephone Michelle Schut, Manager Corporate Services on (08) 9185 8500 or come in during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to request an application form.
- Download the application form below and return it completed to the school reception or by emailing it to Michelle.Schut@education.wa.edu.au
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 April 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED