Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS625611
This is a permanent part-time (0.25FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020
Do you have a green thumb? Then we want you!
Pannawonica Primary School (PS) is seeking a motivated and loyal Gardener – Handyperson to join our friendly team.
The successful applicant will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in a clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. They will maintain tools and horticultural equipment in a serviceable condition, and perform minor repairs and maintenance in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines. They will perform tasks and duties using safe work practices, and maintain accurate gardening records.
Being a small and remote community, there is a strong focus on collaboration and communication both within the school and the town.
Staff at Pannawonica PS are motivated and professional. They have formed a tight collegiate group which collaborates well and responds effectively to student and community needs. The school adopts a 'whole of staff' approach and sees all staff involved in school planning, school activities and professional development.
Pannawonica PS is a fun place to work and learn. Student needs are the starting point for all teaching and learning at the school, and effective school community partnerships provide a structure for meeting these needs.
Please note this position does not come with accommodation, you will need to live in Pannawonica.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Pannawonica Primary School please visit Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Linda Kirkwood, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Pannawonica, by telephoning (08) 9134 9100 or emailing Linda.email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
- Telephone Linda Kirkwood, Manager Corporate Services, on (08) 91349100 during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to answer a series of questions over the phone, or request an application form.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.00pm (WST) on Wednesday, 8 April 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED