Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS625287
This is a nine (9) month fixed term, part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020
Moorditj Noongar Community College (CC) is seeking an organised and hardworking individual to lead a team in the role of Cleaner in Charge.
In this role you would be responsible for the locking and unlocking of the school, including setting the security alarm system, working a split shift - before school hours and after school hours. In addition, you carry out internal and external cleaning duties as required. Additionally, you will be required to coordinate and participate in vacation cleaning duties, which may include the stripping and sealing of vinyl and timber floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandahs and undercover areas, and other such duties as required.
The Cleaner in Charge will liaise with the Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters and provide on the job induction training for new cleaning staff and other staff training as required and ensure all leave for the cleaners is submitted in a timely manner.
As a team leader the successful applicant will have good communications and interpersonal skills and be a conscientious, reliable worker, having knowledge of the cleaning processes and cleaning equipment. You will have pride in your work as a member of the team keeping our school environment a clean and hygienic place for our students and staff to enjoy.
Moorditj Noongar CC is a primary school set in the quiet surrounds of Black Adder Creek, with students living in the Midland and surrounding areas. Moorditj Noongar CC is unique, with 100% Aboriginal students and a very collegiate staff. Classes are smaller compared to other schools, with just 120 students aged from 3 year-old Kindilink to Year 6, allowing for a high level of student differentiation in the curriculum.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Moorditj Noongar CC please visit Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Roslyn Bonney, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9374 8800 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 April 2020.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.