Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS626110
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Byford Secondary College (SC) is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2021
As a Level 2 School Officer you will be responsible for supporting the Manager Corporate Services in administering the schools financial, physical and human resources. Your role will be to provide excellent customer service in collection of payments, banking, liaison with staff and external trades for faults and maintenance, purchasing, and other reception and general clerical support. Your experience in Revenue Management (RM) Finance, RM Billing, enrolments, attendance (using Compass), and time tabling, Student Information System (SIS), would be highly desirable. In particular, your experience with Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS), the coordination of relief staff and the processing of casual teaching and non-teaching pays will be highly regarded.
The successful applicant will demonstrate a focus on team work, self-motivation and model effective student, customer and administrative support service delivery. It is very important that the successful applicant has strong interpersonal skills when dealing with students, parents and colleagues.
Byford SC is an Independent Public School located on Abernethy Road in Byford approximately 30 kilometres from the Perth CBD. With approximately 1400 students, the College is will be in its sixth year of operation catering for students from Years 7 to 12. Our College provides for the secondary education needs of students from Byford and the surrounding communities. Byford SC is also a focal point for secondary education provision for students with disabilities with the opening of our inclusion facilities in 2017. Byford SC's motto, Aspire to Excellence, clearly articulates our vision of being the secondary school of choice for the local community which provides a comprehensive suite of subjects from Year 7 through 12.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Byford Secondary College can be found by visiting www.byfordsc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Caroline Chellew, Business Support Officer, by telephoning (08) 9550 6100 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning two work related referees (one being your current line manager)
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 24 April 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINEPROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.