Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS624137
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020
Warriapendi Primary School (PS) are seeking a motivated and hardworking Gardener – Handyperson to join their team.
In this role you will be responsible for the maintenance of our school grounds and will perform minor repairs and maintenance in accordance with the Departments policies and guidelines. The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring that tools and all horticultural equipment are maintained in a serviceable condition, formal and informal sports areas are marked, as required and maintained. We are seeking someone with good interpersonal and communication skills who can work as part of a team as well as independently.
Warriapendi PS is a co-educational Independent Public School (2010), first opened in 1970. We are located in the northern suburb of Balga, thirteen kilometres north of Perth City. The school has an enrolment of approximately 220 students drawn from diverse, cultural backgrounds. We value current and up-to-date teaching methods and are proud of our highly professional and competent school staff.
In 2018 the school was recognised as finalist for Primary School of the Year in the WA Education Awards. Their continuing support of the students and each other has created a very positive and collaborative atmosphere within the school environment, which is critical for the effective operation of the school.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Warriapendi Primary School can be found by visiting www.warriapendips.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Natasha Doyle, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9345 6100 or emailing Natasha.Doyle-Stone@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- complete introductory School Gardener training within three months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Monday, 30 March 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED