Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS625821
East Manjimup Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaner in Charge for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2021.
The role of Cleaner In Charge leads, organises and supervises the cleaning staff and maintains their time-book, reports absences and arranges relief staff. You will be responsible for opening and locking the school, including setting the security alarm system. Other responsibilities include undertaking cleaning of allocated internal and external areas, including emptying external rubbish containers into the waste disposal system provided and the management of cleaning chemicals and general facility supplies.
Suitable applicants will apply effective cleaning practices to ensure the school maintains a clean, healthy and hygienic environment. Suitable applicants will possess the ability to work alone and possess strong cleaning schools.
East Manjimup PS is located in the South West of Western Australia and provides a beautiful family friendly rural setting with the school nestled between farm land and forest. We have friendly and positive school culture, with dedicated administration and staff support.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about East Manjimup Primary School please visit www.eastmanjimup.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Michael Smith, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Manjimup, by telephoning (08) 9771 9200 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
- Download the application form below and return it completed to the school reception or by emailing it to email@example.com
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 7 April 2020.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED