Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH625200
This is a nine (9) month fixed term, part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020
Are you a dynamic, contemporary educator seeking to join an Award-winning School?
Lynwood Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Business and Information Technology teacher committed to achieving outstanding educational outcomes for all students in our culturally diverse school. Lynwood SHS is committed to appointing staff who are the right fit for our school and community.
We have a strong commitment to delivering high quality learning experiences, it would be desirable if the successful applicant possesses:
- A deep knowledge of the Business Management and Enterprise WACE curriculum
- A practical understanding and experience in designing and delivering Career and Enterprise WACE courses across Years 10-12
- Experience in delivering Accounting and Finance courses across Years 8-12
- Outstanding application of assessment and reporting practices, which include a high level of data analysis skills to monitor the progress of students and classes including the ability to development of appropriate personalised learning plans.
- Proven experience, in setting a repertoire of strategies that apply skills, knowledge and understanding to improve literacy outcomes for all students; particularly ESL / EALD
Highly desirable to the position:
- Experience in teaching students from a non-English speaking backgrounds
- A valid Certificate IV Training and Assessment
- Relevant industry qualifications, with industry currency Actively supporting the school commitment to Explicit Instruction (EI).
Successful applicants should be able to substantiate a strong commitment to the development of their own pedagogy via avenues such as targeted professional learning, collaboration with colleagues, membership of a professional learning team, use of student feedback surveys and formative assessment. Aspirant leaders with the ability to manage and support key programs and activities at Lynwood SHS are encouraged to apply for this position.
Lynwood SHS became an Independent Public School in 2012 and won the WA Education Awards Secondary School of the Year in 2018 after being a finalist in 2015. We are in our third year of the Fogarty EdVance Program and will be continuing as an Alumni school from 2020. This program has strongly informed our professional learning, reflection and planning processes and a deep focus on evidence based, high impact teaching and learning strategies. With an *ICSEA of 977 (Band 6), we have around 55% LBOTE and over 60 different nationalities represented at the school. The school’s diversity and respect for difference is a feature, enabling our students to become positive, resilient and confident about their futures.
An Intensive English Centre supports the development of language skills for students new to Australia. The school learning environment is extremely positive with a strong focus on student wellbeing and the development of social emotional learning through the Everyday Leader Program. Approved Specialist Programs in Soccer and Environment & Life Sciences supports a wide range of General, VET and ATAR courses. Lynwood is complex, diverse, challenging and much loved by the school community and staff. The passion and commitment of students, staff and community members working together in a spirit of absolute positivity about what our students can achieve, is a significant hallmark of this wonderful school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Lynwood Senior High School can be found by visiting www.lynwood.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information
Please contact Kelly Summers, Associate Principal by telephoning 9354 0600 or emailing Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- be eligible for, or registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 6 April 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.