Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS625435
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020 with possible extension (3 months) and/or permanency
Are you seeking a challenging, exciting and professionally satisfying career?
O’Connor Primary School (PS) is looking to appoint a dedicated, passionate and experienced School Officer.
The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting the Manager Corporate Services in administering the financial, physical and human resources of the school whilst upholding confidentiality and security of sensitive material. You will provide assistance to other members of the school administration team with maintaining school databases, records and management information systems to ensure they are accurate and up-to-date, along with general word processing tasks.
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate attention to detail, meet deadlines and work well within a team environment. Suitable applicants will model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with administration team, school support staff, our school community and teaching staff. Suitable applicants would have the skills to competently work independently without supervision or direction in this role with an excellent focus on team work.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about O’Connor PS can be found by visiting www.oconnorps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Stephen Delfs, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kalgoorlie, by telephoning (08) 9091 9097 or emailing Stephen.Delfs@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 6 April 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.