The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen in the role of Principal Project Manager (Development). This position will be responsible for managing the development of highly complex, multi-disciplinary programs and projects, within the Program and Projects Branch, to implement the PTA’s strategic asset investment plan, meeting cost, quality and scheduled targets, while maintaining compliance with PTA and regulatory requirements. The incumbent will provide specialist project management advice and support to the Branch, and work with the Program and Projects Branch to develop projects to the approval stage, conducting activities such as project development, business case preparation, project and resource coordination, project management, financial management, procurement management and managing service provider performance.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- A relevant professional qualification (either in Engineering or Project Management) enough to satisfy membership for admission to the relevant Institution;
- Proven experience in planning, design and construction of infrastructure or Information Technology Systems technology;
- The ability to set clear and challenging goals for self and others and hold them accountable for their actions and outcomes;
- The ability to motivate and empower direct reports to accomplish strategic goals;
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), with the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Sound experience in liaising, consulting, negotiating persuasively and influencing others across all levels in an organisation; and
- The ability to gather and investigate information from a variety of sources, and explore new ideas and different methods of working.
This is a fixed term opportunity to the 30 November 2021 with the possibility of an extension and/or permanency, on a full time basis.
For further information about this position, please refer to the attached JDF. You can also gain more detailed information on the roles and responsibilities by contacting Mr Adrian Gould, Project Engineering Manager on (08) 9326 2039.
Alternatively for more information about the PTA, please visit our website at www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees;
- A written application addressing Selection Criteria 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 from the JDF in no more than 3 pages; and
- A completed attached integrity and qualification consent form as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
As a result of the constantly changing pandemic emergency, there may be unavoidable delays in progressing particular stages of this recruitment process. We will keep you informed throughout this process should it be delayed and we thank you for your patience.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.