Please be advised that as of Friday, 27 March 2020 this advertisement has been withdrawn.
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA625550
This is a nine (9) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 2, 2020 with possible extension twelve (12) months and/or permanency
Are you looking for a rewarding challenge?
Newton Moore Senior High School (SHS) is looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic and effective Head of Learning Area (HOLA) - Humanities and Social Sciences/Languages with dynamic leadership and exemplary interpersonal skills.
The successful applicant will ideally have the ability to lead with strong ethical and accountability practices. The successful applicant will need to demonstrate their ability to work as an individual within a collaborative senior leadership team. We are looking for someone who self-motivated and enthusiastic about improving the educational outcomes for all students and possess a drive to support the growth of all staff.
We are a Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) school. It is highly desirable that applicants will have experience in delivering progressive pastoral care practices and have the ability to support staff to positively impact on student behaviour for improved student outcomes.
Newton Moore SHS has a strong focus on building staff capacity through Classroom Management Support (CMS) and Instructional Strategies in Education (ISE). We have four Conference Accredited Trained (CAT) teachers who support teachers to engaging in high level reflection. As the successful applicant you will be experienced in initiating reflective performance development discussions with staff based on a comprehensive knowledge of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers and the Western Australian Curriculum. Facilitating peer observation and collaboration (as both a leader and a participant) will be a part of your regular practice as an instructional leader to support strong pedagogical and differentiated practice that supports a range of student abilities.
As a school leader, you will ideally have a demonstrated ability to analyse and use student performance data to inform and guide teaching and learning.
Newton Moore SHS is an Independent Public School (IPS) located in Bunbury, a coastal city 175km south of Perth. The school delivers two DOE Approved Specialist Academic Programs: Science Horizons and Engineering Specialist and are a Teacher Development School (TDS) for secondary science. Newton Moore SHS also provides enrichment through the following programs: Moore Academy of Sport and Health (MASH), Follow the Dream, Clontarf Football Academy, Girls Academy and CALM Cadets.
As an independent public school, Newton Moore Senior High School provides students with a personalised, globally aware educational experience. The school, at the heart of South Bunbury, has a strong sense of community and celebrates the strengths of students through a variety of innovative programs.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Newton Moore Senior High School can be found by visiting www.newtonmooreshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Denise Harrison, HR Officer, by telephoning (08) 9722 2463 or emailing Denise.Harrison2@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 30 March 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.