Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS624841
Please be advised the advertising period has now been extended.
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2020
Mount Manypeaks Primary School (PS) is seeking a hardworking and reliable individual to join their team in the role of Cleaner.
As a Cleaner In Charge you would open/close the school, carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. You would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required. Additionally, you will be required to complete vacation cleaning duties, which may include the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas, and other such duties as required. You would also be responsible for highlighting issues and concerns and respond to issues raised by other school staff.
Mount Manypeaks PS is located 40km east of Albany on the South Coast Hwy, is nestled between bushland, forests and farms. The motto of 'Endeavour' encourages children to aspire to reach their full potential, both within our school and in the community in which they live.
Our school comprises two energetic classrooms of children. The Senior Room engages our Year 3 - Year 6 children and the Junior Room is 'centre of the universe' for our delightful Kindergarten- Year 2 children.
The children actively support recycling, are energy conscious and thrive on their opportunity to work in their vegetable garden. Our well-equipped school kitchen is a hive of activity with healthy cooking, taking advantage of the children's vegetable garden.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Mount Manypeaks PS please visit Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Phillip Rowett, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Manypeaks, by telephoning (08) 9846 1269 or emailing Phillip.Rowett@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
- Telephone Phillip Rowett, Principal, on (08) 9846 1269 during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to answer a series of questions over the phone, or request an application form.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 15 May 2020.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED