Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS611836
Glengarry Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year.
School Officers fulfil a number of jobs in the school’s administrative office from providing exceptional customer service, managing visitors, contractors and guests, word processing, copying and distribution of materials and operation of a variety of business machines such as photocopiers, switchboards and shredders. Suitable applicants will work in a team environment, in a supportive and open manner and share work tasks as required.
Suitable applicants will possess:
- Practical experience with Department of Education policy/procedures and a sound ability to implement.
- Applicants with RM Billing experience is considered essential.
- An ability to use a range of online tools to market the school.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively.
Glengarry PS is an attractive school located in the suburb of Duncraig, approximately 15 kilometres north of Perth City. The well-kept buildings, featuring student made mosaic masterpieces are surrounded by tranquil, natural bushland, flowerbeds and well maintained grassed and bitumen play areas.
The whole Glengarry Primary School community works collaboratively to ensure a strong culture of learning. Parents are valuable partners, exemplified by their voluntary support in learning and sporting programs, involvement in decision making processes and fundraising and continuing interest in their children's development.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Glengarry PS can be found by visiting www.glengarry.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
Please contact Angela Bavington, Manager Corporate Services , by telephoning (08) 9378 5678 or emailing Angela.Bavington@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 27 March 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.