Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP623457
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2020
Do you enjoy having a positive impact?
Freshwater Bay Primary School (PS) is seeking a committed leader who possess the personal attributes that allow them to work collaboratively, influentially and instructionally across the school.
We are seeking a hard-working, enthusiastic and proactive leader for the role of Deputy Principal. The successful applicant must be able to work closely with the Principal, other Deputy Principals, students and staff to support quality teaching and learning in the school by providing leadership.
You will be student centred, focussed and committed to developing the whole child. Evidence of implementation of restorative practices in behaviour support will be highly desirable.
Previous experience in an administration role would be preferable. The successful applicant should also be cognizant of and skilled at using a range of data to inform teaching, learning and assessment at a whole-school level. You should be familiar with the Department of Education systems, programs and policies.
Freshwater Bay PS is situated centrally in the suburb of Claremont at the mid-point of road and rail links between Perth and Fremantle. It caters for students from Pre-Primary through to Year 6. The stability of student and staff numbers contributes to the successful implementation of long-term strategies.
Our commitment to continuous improvement and our focus on nurturing a growth mindset across all areas of school life is evident in all parts of our daily life. Our innovative teams provide a wide range of teaching and learning opportunities. Teachers work together to ensure that learning is personalised to meet the needs of all students. Teachers encourage students to become responsible for their learning, providing regular feedback and opportunities for independent decision making.
We take pride in providing a safe and supportive environment with strong emphasis on high expectations around student learning outcomes. We aim to provide a range of programs designed to increase student engagement, extend our students who are achieving above expected levels and support those students who require additional assistance.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Freshwater Bay PS can be found by visiting www.freshwaterbayps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Simon Reid, Principal, by telephoning (08) 6458 7000 or emailing Simon.Reid@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 April 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.