Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE623548
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The Strategy and Projects branch are seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Senior Digital Resources Specialist in the Digital Innovation branch.
In the role of Senior Digital Resources Specialist, you will work as part of a small multidisciplinary team, designing and developing HTML5 and video based digital resources for the Department of Education using industry standard tools, such as Adobe CC and Final Cut Pro X.
The successful applicant will lead web development and provide specialist instructional design and resource development/implementation advice and support to branches, schools and regions. You will provide information on the effective use of digital resources, resolution of technical issues and advice on incorporating digital resources into Connect classes to support schools in developing quality online learning solutions.
The successful applicant will liaise with Departmental staff regarding the digital resources aspects of systems development, testing, delivery and implementation of digital resources policy and initiatives. You will collaborate and negotiate with relevant agencies, departments and directorates in order to promote digital resources.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- High level knowledge of, and substantial experience with, designing and developing contemporary digital resources for K-12 and adult learners using industry standard tools.
- Substantial knowledge of current curriculum initiatives, policies and issues in relation to digital resources for students.
- Highly developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of individuals.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to identify issues and generate strategies in order to deliver key project outcomes.
- Highly developed project management skills and the ability to contribute to team processes and outcomes.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Darren Entwistle, Principal Project Officer, Digital Resources, Strategy and Projects, by telephoning (08) 9264 5061 or emailing Darren.Entwistle@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch.
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 2 April 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED