Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP624779
This is a nine (9) month fixed term, part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020
South Perth Primary School (PS) is seeking a collaborative leader to join them in the role of Deputy Principal.
The successful applicant will have high standards and expectations for themselves, colleagues and students. A deep understanding of the Western Australian curriculum, its delivery, use to challenge students and ability to provide feedback to individuals and groups is highly desirable.
The main focus of the leadership role will be Digital Technologies. The successful applicant will require skills and knowledge to support teachers to use digital technology to enhance student learning, having expertise in coding and robotics will be highly regarded. Managing digital resources and the school network will be another area of responsibility.
The successful applicant will implement change and follow Department of Education policies and school policies and guidelines. Our school has a positive school culture with staff members, parents and the community working together to achieve optimal learning outcomes for students.
South Perth PS is an Independent Public School which has a vibrant, friendly community with a rich blend of cultures and languages. Our teachers deliver a wide ranging and motivating curriculum. The school focuses on the development of the whole child with quality education programs that provide students with opportunities to optimise their academic, social, emotional, creative and physical skills.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about South Perth Primary School can be found by visiting www.southperthps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information:
Please contact Karen Owens, Principal by telephoning (08) 9367 2652 or emailing Karen.Owens@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 2 April 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.