Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS625031
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Huntingdale Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a hard working Cleaner in Charge to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will be a motivated and proactive person who takes pride in being responsible for providing a high standard of cleanliness within the workplace and to ensure school facilities are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Department procedures. As the Cleaner in Charge, you will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and preferably, experience in supervising and motivating staff. It is expected that the Cleaner in Charge will be able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and have knowledge of Department of Education Cleaning Policies and Procedures.
The successful applicant will organise rosters and relief for staff on leave. They will manage cleaners time books and organise on the job training of new and current cleaning staff. They will work as a team with school staff and manage staff performance in consultation with the Manager Corporate Services. Knowledge of occupational health and safety processes is highly desirable.
Huntingdale PS is a friendly forward thinking school that offers staff support and challenges to give students ultimate educational opportunities. The school has a neat blend of staff with extensive experience and a group of more recently graduated teachers. Being the only school in the suburb has resulted in a true sense of 'community' developing within the school and the school as a focal point within the local community.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Huntingdale PS please visit www.huntingdaleps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Lyn Green, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9490 4944 or emailing Lynette.M.Green@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 31 March 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED