Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE622868
This is a permanent full-time position commencing April 2020.
Kimberley Regional Education Office are seeking a highly motivated Participation Coordinator to join their team.
The Participation Coordinator provides case brokerage and support services to upper secondary school-aged students at risk of disengaging from an effective transition into appropriate education, training and employment options. The role is responsible for making appropriate assessment of individual students’ needs, including developing high quality plans to access appropriate pathways to a range of post-school options. In addition to this you will develop and maintain an effective network of youth, employment, education and training services relevant to young people in the locality and across regions, if necessary and will collect data on participation strategies, and monitor and report on client outcomes. The position is Broome based but will require considerable travel to other parts of the Kimberley.
The successful applicant will possess the ability to communicate effectively with all key people, including students, parents, leadership teams in schools, agencies and industry. The successful applicant will be culturally responsive and have deep listening skills.
Please be advised the successful applicant will be required to take a 4WD training course to undertake this role.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Considerable knowledge and experience of youth, education and training services, particularly in relation to at risk compulsory school-aged students.
- Well-developed conceptual and analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues.
- Well-developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, in diverse settings and with target groups.
- Ability to develop and maintain relevant professional networks and negotiate successful outcomes.
- Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to use initiative to meet competing priorities.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kathy Pross, Manager, by telephoning (08) 91920800 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements [optional to select specific WRR], in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
- obtain or hold a current ‘C’ class drivers licence
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment;
- obtain or hold a Work with Children Check;
- undertake travel, including overnight stays in non-metropolitan locations, as required; and
- undertake travel in small aeroplanes to remote locations, as required.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 2 April 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED