Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS624639
Are you an enthusiastic and highly skilled Education Assistant who would enjoy the challenges and opportunities in the passion of assisting teachers to help students reach their full potential?
Kelmscott Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Education Assistant - Mainstream for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2021.
To be successful in this role you will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and show a willingness to contribute and be part of a positive team environment. You will need to assist teachers with the delivery of planned education programs and encourage an inclusive and supportive learning environment. In this role, you will be working with a number of teachers and assistants as you work across the school so flexibility, and collaboration and participation in professional learning communities is a high priority. You will be required to work with individuals or small groups of students to enable the delivery of high quality student focused learning programs to students with a range of education levels. A high competency of ICT, numeracy and literacy skills are required.
The school has a strong presence in the community; having a long history as one of the first schools to be established in the suburbs of Perth. At Kelmscott PS, we strive to create an engaging and welcoming school community with an enrolment of approximately 315 students from Kindergarten to Year 6. There is a strong family and community focus within the school with all staff and students encouraged to follow the Moral Compass with its values of Respect, Responsibility, Safety and Pride.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kelmscott Primary School can be found by visiting www.kelmscottprimaryschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Sharon Saville, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9496 9300 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 8 April 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.