Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS624317
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Hampton Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2021.
The School Officer is responsible for completing a variety of administrative duties. These include the daily Attendance and student reception management – preparing notices and correspondence; providing information, advice and collecting documentation where required and generating routine reports from the school databases.
As a Level 2 School Officer you will be responsible for supporting the Manager Corporate Services in administering the schools financial, physical and human resources. Your role will be to provide excellent customer service in collection of payments, banking, liaison with staff and external trades for faults and maintenance, purchasing, and other reception and general clerical support. Your experience will include sound experience in RM Finance, RM Billing, timetabling (SIS) and Common Use Agreements. Experience in procedures for enrolments, attendance (using SEQTA), and time tabling (SIS) would be highly desirable
Hampton SHS strives to create a vibrant culture of excellence, innovation, opportunity and success for students, staff and the community. The focus of our work will be on quality teaching and provision of the widest range of opportunities for individual achievement and learning success..The school recognises that students have different interests and abilities, and endeavours to cater to the diverse range of student needs by providing relevant and engaging programs across several contexts, including Gifted and Talented dance, specialist cheer/dance, specialist performing arts (drama), specialist ICT, and career and vocational education.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Hampton SHS can be found by visiting www.hampton.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
Please contact Julie Holding, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9270 5708 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 1 April 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.