Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA624368
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2020
Halls Head College is seeking an innovative and forward thinking Program Coordinator to lead our growing Big Picture Academy into the future.
Halls Head College Big Picture Academy in 2020 consists of six Advisories spanning Year 8-12. Our Academy is a supportive learning community that encourages students and staff to achieve their potential through the approach of ‘one student at a time in a community of learners’. Our students become responsible and active members of the community through a strong focus on the principles of the Big Picture design for education, encompassing academic excellence, development of social skills, emotional wellbeing, respect and values.
We seek to engage young people in learning through implementing the Big Picture Education design which encourages all students to identify and pursue their interests and passions. We want to prepare our young people uncommonly well for life post-school life and we start that by engaging students in the community through internships. We aim to be strongly connected with families. We do this each term through learning plan meetings and exhibitions. We have high expectations of each and every student to do the best they can and be the best they can be.
We want a person to provide exemplary and innovative leadership for our Big Picture Academy into the next decade. Work related requirements of this role include most importantly familiarity and experience working in the Big Picture Design framework. They need to clearly demonstrate their ability to lead others and change mindsets, set the bar high to ensure best outcomes for students and staff and to ensure we maintain our status as a Big Picture Hub school. Exemplary interpersonal skills are essential in this role. We are looking to see the AITSL Principal Standards demonstrated. An understanding of the Senior school educational developments and reform in this space around University Entrance and micro-credentialing is preferred but not essential.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Halls Head College can be found by visiting www.HallsHeadCC.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Amanda Roughton, Assistant to Executives, by telephoning (08) 9581 0671 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements [optional to select specific WRR], in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 31 March 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.