Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS624756
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2020
La Grange Remote Community School (RCS) is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic School Officer to join their team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting the Manager Corporate Services in administering the financial, physical and human resources of the school whilst upholding confidentiality and security of sensitive material. You will provide assistance to other members of the school administration team with maintaining school databases, records and management information systems to ensure they are accurate and up-to-date, along with general word processing tasks. A strong working knowledge of RM Finance, RM Billing, Connect and HRMIS is desirable.
La Grange RCS is situated in the Bidyadanga Aboriginal Community in the Kimberley region, on Karajarri country, 180km south of Broome. It is a desirable location and offers an opportunity to live and learn about Indigenous culture and provides a lifestyle of abundant outdoor and recreation activities.
Prior relationships or knowledge of the Bidyadanga community will be looked upon favourably.
As the largest Remote Community School in the state, La Grange RCS caters to the educational needs of all school aged children in the Bidyadanga community and classes range from Pre Kindy (0-3 year olds) up to Year 12.
In addition to a strong commitment to developing the literacy and numeracy skills of its students, La Grange RCS offers a diverse range of specialist programs across all year levels including music, art, physical education and information technology and a focus on cultural learning.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about La Grange RCS can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Margaret Zerna, Manger Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Bidyadanga, by telephoning (08) 9193 4100 or emailing Margaret.Zerna@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 30 April 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.