Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE624915
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The Leadership Institute is seeking an enthusiastic and organised individual to join our dynamic team.
The Leadership Institute supports the Department of Education’s strategic objectives and provides high-quality, innovative and evidence-based professional learning programs for school leaders at all stages of their career.
The Administrative and Technical Support Assistant will assist in the installation, maintenance and support of information and communication technology (ICT) systems and services, including PCs, printers, network hardware, phones and software. The successful applicant will maintain the resource and asset register and assist staff in the use of technology in workshop facilities.
The role also assists with the day to day coordination of Institute programs, customer service, organising workshops and venue management including catering and set-up.
Applicants who are proactive, capable of working independently, able to deal with multiple demands, have good organisational skills, exhibit a flexible approach and have problem solving skills will be highly regarded. The work is challenging but also exciting.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in the support of information and communication technologies, including supporting PCs, printers, telephones, tablets and associated hardware and software.
- Well-developed conceptual and analytical skills within the information technology field, including the ability to develop innovative solutions to information technology problems.
- Sound organisational skills with the ability to use initiative and work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in clerical and administrative duties.
- Sound written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to deal with individuals at all levels.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Nichola Kerr, Coordinator Digital Learning Delivery Systems, by telephoning (08) 9413 3317 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 1 April 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED