Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE623884
This is an eight (8) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020 with possible extension (24 months)
The Kimberley Schools Project is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Engagement Coordinator to join their team.
This role will entail coordinating the Broome School Cluster Engagement Program to reengage students at educational and low attendance risk. Applicants with previous experience working with children and families, through provision of intensive support in a culturally appropriate way, will be highly regarded.
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team working to accelerate and intensify existing and develop innovative strategies, to address low education outcomes in the Kimberley region.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Skills and experience in working with individual or small groups of students at educational risk who are experiencing difficulties.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills that demonstrate an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Well developed organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines and work autonomously and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Well developed research, conceptual and analytical skills and experience in identifying problems and developing intervention strategies and support programs.
- Knowledge of children’ services and organisations, particularly Aboriginal education and support services for Aboriginal families.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our customers. As a measure to achieve equality and support, Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA) will apply to this position. Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Mark Williams, Manager, by telephoning (08) 9192 0835 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum of four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- hold ‘F’ and ‘LR’ class driver’s licences
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to
- commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday 30 March 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED