Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS624085
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020
Do you have strong technical and organisational skills?
Baynton West Primary School (PS) is seeking a committed and dedicated Network Administrator to join our support staff team.
The successful applicant will maintain the school network and provides network administration throughout the school including user access, changing privileges and password maintenance and ensures that software licensing and Information Technology copyright obligations and other regulations are protected and any breaches are reported and corrected. The successful applicant will administer risk management and contingency planning systems including the performance of data security, system backup and disaster recovery and provides advice on technical issues associated with the network administration.
Baynton West PS opened as an Independent Public School in 2013, the successful application was written in conjunction with the newly appointed principal and the families who lobbied to get the school built earlier than originally scheduled. This community is passionate about the Independent Public School initiative and each staff member has been locally selected as a result.
The local intake area of Baynton West Primary School includes the established suburb of Baynton, as well as the new suburb of Baynton West and the newly developed Madigan estate. Situated within a new suburb, the school has become a central focal point for the community. Surrounded by the new homes in the area, roads radiate out through the community with the school at the central hub of this 'wheel'. There is a large playground and community oval shared by the shire and the school which adds even more emphasis on the school being central to the community.
The school has a strong vision that encompasses children are the heart of the school; each child and their family is integral to the school community. The motto of 'growth and inspiration' relates to each child being supported to reach their potential, in partnership with the school, their families and the wider community
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in administering a computer network and facilitating access to applications.
- Knowledge of hardware, software and other information technology resources including software licensing and Information Technology copyright obligations and regulations.
- Organisational skills with the ability to work with limited supervision and prioritise duties in a demanding environment.
- Conceptual and analytical skills relevant to computer support.
- Well-developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to consult and negotiate with users on issues relevant to network administration.
- Well-developed written communication skills with the ability to develop and implement user-training procedures.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Baynton West Primary School can be found by visiting bwps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Justine Passmore, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Baynton West, by telephoning (08) 9187 6200 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2)work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Hold relevant tertiary qualifications in related discipline and/or an equivalent level of skills, knowledge and experience
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 27 March 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.