Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS625136
This vacancy was withdrawn at 3.30pm Friday, 27 March 2020.
This is a permanent, part-time 0.4FTE position commencing Term 2, 2020.
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Champion Bay Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a committed and dedicated School Officer.
The successful applicant will act as the ‘face of the school’ and will therefore possess exceptional communication and organisational skills. Since you will be responsible for completing administrative duties, it would be highly desirable to have extensive knowledge of the Office suite, including Outlook. As the School Officer, you will provide assistance with entering student enrolment data, maintain student attendance records, absenteeism reports, staff and relief staff records and generates routine reports from the school databases. Other responsibilities will include undertaking reception duties, including meeting and greeting visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information.
The successful applicant will possess strong organisational skills in delivering and prioritising tasks when under pressure. As a team player, you will demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills and be able to liaise with staff and students.
At Champion Bay SHS we ensure that student achievement and learning is at the centre of all we do. The welcoming learning environments provide the very best for our students, inviting them to take real ownership of their sub school and resources (which includes an iPad for each student). A notable feature of our school is our strong emphasis on pastoral care. A dedicated student services centre with highly qualified staff works closely with parents to meet the academic, social and emotional needs of the students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Champion Bay SHS can be found by visiting www.championbayshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Danielle Wilton, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Geraldton, by telephoning (08) 9965 8300 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 31 March 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.