Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA624925
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 2, 2020 with possible extension
Are you able to help aspirant Aboriginal students follow their dreams?
Katanning Senior High School (SHS) has an exciting opportunity for teachers with demonstrated expertise in Aboriginal education as the Program Coordinator (Follow the Dream: Partnerships for Success).
Follow the Dream: Partnerships for Success (FTD:PFS) is a voluntary program for aspirant Aboriginal secondary school students. The program provides after-school tuition and individualised mentoring, support and case management to assist and support these students to continue achieving excellent outcomes at school, complete Year 12 and obtain university entry.
The program can also include high-achieving and motivated students undertaking vocational education and training (VET) in school’s pathways, provided they meet the program's selection criteria and their inclusion does not detract from the program's strong educational excellence focus and culture.
A key role of the Program Coordinator is to ensure that the program has a prominent presence in the school and the local community. This ought to be achieved through a variety of means, including newsletters, representation at community events, and participation in whole-school meetings, professional development and Learning Area and/or senior staff meetings.
It is also important that Program Coordinators actively and regularly collaborate with their students' teachers, as well as Program Coordinator’s, Year Coordinators, Deputy Principals, and VET and workplace learning coordinators.
This will ensure that Program Coordinators are kept up-to-date and have a holistic understanding and perspective on students' educational and other needs, as well as students' learning programs, activities, individual learning plans and progress.
Katanning SHS is a Year 7 to 12 Independent Public School located in the heart of the Great Southern region of WA, part of the Wheatbelt Education Region. Katanning SHS serves a cultural and linguistically diverse community. We celebrate and respect individual difference and work in harmony to ensure success for all students. Our highly professional and experienced teachers are committed to ensuring that all students follow our school motto of “We Strive to Excel”.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning practices, particularly relating to Aboriginal students and their communities.
- Extensive skills and experience in developing, implementing and evaluating learning programs and strategies at a school, region or system level.
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
- Ability to provide strategic leadership that builds capacity, deals effectively with change and generates innovative solutions related to achieving educational outcomes.
- Highly developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to conduct research, prepare reports and establish effective working relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve planned outcomes.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Katanning Senior High School can be found by visiting www.katanningshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Carolyn Cook, Principal, by telephoning (08) 98911100 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 31 March 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.