Please note:a change to the body of the advertisement has been updated as of the 17-03-20 at 4.10pm
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS623725
This is a nine (9) month fixed term, part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020
Currambine Primary School (PS) is seeking a friendly and organised Library Officer to join our team for three days a week (0.6) for the remainder of 2020. The contract is fixed term and to commence in April, 2020.
The successful applicant will supervise the day to day running of the Library and the associated service for our students and staff. They will manage the Book Mark library software to ensure effective book circulation processes are in place, support resource borrowing by school staff and maintain the accessioning of new materials. The successful applicant will ensure that the library is a warm welcoming and engaging space for our students.
Currambine PS is a level six school located in the northern suburbs of Perth with an enrolment of 770 students. The school was opened in 1997 and is close to a wide range of community services and resources including public transport. Currambine Primary School staff work as a dedicated team, collaborating in professional learning communities to deliver learning programs consistent with well-defined whole school approaches to pedagogy, assessment and content management. The school staff have a ‘can do’ approach to continuous improvement and problem solving and pride themselves on ensuring each child in our care is supported to reach their potential in an inclusive, engaging and positive environment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Currambine Primary School can be found by visiting www.currambineps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Geoff Smith Principal by telephoning (08) 9304 0011 or emailing Geoffrey.Smith@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 31 March 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.