Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS624515
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2020.
Lakeland Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an enthusiastic School Officer to work cooperatively as a member of our friendly team.
The School Officer provides key liaison and delivery of administrative and student focused support services within the Learning Engagement Team (LET) office. The School Officer administers the daily operations of the school attendance reception, whilst managing and monitoring students’ movements and assists with daily attendance. The duties of this position include maintaining student attendance records, good standing records, absentee and school based reports, data entry in SIS and generating routine reports from the school databases.
The successful applicant will demonstrate a focus on team work, self-motivation and model effective student, customer and administrative support service delivery. It is very important that the successful applicant has strong interpersonal skills, especially when dealing with confrontational situations. Furthermore, it is highly desirable for applicants to have prior experience using Academy for attendance management and School Information System database (SIS) administration.
Lakeland SHS is a thriving school community. Extracurricular programs are in abundance and after school homework classes are well attended. Staff are highly committed and seek to develop friendly and supportive working relationships with students. A major school goal is to become the school of choice for the majority of youth living in the district. In working towards this goal the school has excelled in many areas, and developed programs that engender success. Lakeland SHS provides a calm and friendly atmosphere where students are encouraged to succeed and take pride in what they achieve. The school has two very successful Specialist Programs in Music Technology and Touch Football.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively;
- experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns;
- ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing;
- good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices;
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Lakeland SHS can be found by visiting www.lakelandshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Angelique Choo, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9412 3100 or emailing Angelique.Choo@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 30 March 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.