Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS619285
This is a permanent part-time 0.80FTE position commencing Term 2, 2020
Bullsbrook College is seeking to appoint a reliable and dedicated Senior Gardener - Handyperson to effectively contribute to maintaining the high standard of presentation of the College grounds.
As a Senior Gardener - Handyperson you must have a working knowledge of current Occupational Health and Safety policies and provide students and staff with a safe external environment. Experience in turf management on sporting grounds is advantageous. You will also ideally have experience in servicing horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks such as those on irrigation systems. To be successful in this role you will possess knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals in accordance with the Department of Education policies and guidelines.
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic, self-motivated and work well unsupervised as well as part of a team and possess a range of key characteristics and qualities. These include excellent communication skills, management skills, problem solving abilities, basic mathematic, analytical skills, mechanical skills and the knowledge of machinery.
Bullsbrook College is in a unique setting, located 20 minutes east of Joondalup at the western gateway to the Chittering Valley. We are an Independent Public School catering for all ages from Kindergarten to Year 12 on a modern, beautifully landscaped campus. Our present enrolment is 966 students with a total of 130 teaching and support staff.
Bullsbrook College is a forward focused school which requires staff to be similarly focused. Bullsbrook is a school with strong values. Each individual has special qualities and gifts that they bring to the school and we believe that everyone has the right to be respected and has a responsibility to respect others
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Bullsbrook College please visit www.bullsbrook-college.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kimlee Mayes, Business Support Officer by telephoning (08) 9501 7600 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Download the application form below and return it completed to the school reception or by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment. Certification;
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 31 March 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED