Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS623281
There are two (2) permanent part-time positions commencing Term 2, 2020
WA College of Agriculture – Denmark (the College) is looking for two dedicated and experienced Domestic (Kitchen Hands) to join their team.
The College currently has two permanent part-time positions available:
- 1 x permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position
- 1 x permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position
Suitable applicants will be required to carry out both laundry and cleaning duties in the establishment of an interchangeable and dynamic workforce. Applicants will enjoy working in a collaborative team environment and have the ability to complete tasks without direct supervision.
In the College laundry, the successful applicants will be required to perform washing, sorting and ironing clothes and linen and ensuring all washing machines and driers are cleaned and free of lint. You will also ensure that clothes and linen are laundered to an appropriate standard and laundry facilities and equipment are maintained and in a clean and safe condition.
In order to fulfil cleaning duties, suitable applicants will be required to undertake cleaning of external areas, including sweeping paths and patios, removing internal and external cobwebs, making beds, promptly reporting equipment and facilities faults, and any other cleaning duties as requested.
Located just east of the town centre of Denmark, the WA College of Agriculture is a 560 hectare working farm and educational facility for Year 10, 11 and 12 students, offering a wide variety of studies with an agricultural focus. WA College of Agriculture - Denmark operates with 138 students (87 residential and 51 day students) and 65 staff members which support three main areas: the classroom program, the farm program and the residential program. The College is considered one of the leading lights in the achievement of educational and training outcomes for young men and women in a diversity of agricultural related fields.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment to a busy schedule.
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Ability to use all cleaning equipment supplied to colleges, including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to carry out laundry or cleaning or catering duties, including the safe operation of cleaning or laundry or kitchen equipment and appliances
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about WA College Of Agriculture - Denmark can be found by visiting www.denmarkag.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Tracy Milton, Cleaner in Charge for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Denmark, by telephoning (08) 9848 0200 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 31 March 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.