Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS625055
Darling Range Sports College is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and friendly Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2021.
To be suitable for this role you will have good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You will be organised, honest, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
Suitable applicants will be expected to carry out both internal and external cleaning duties. Internal cleaning includes the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, cleaning of furniture and fittings, windows, toilets and dusting. External duties include rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, external windows, verandas and covered areas and cobweb removal. You will also participate in vacation cleaning which includes stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, carpet shampooing, pressure cleaning of undercover areas and verandas, and other such duties as directed by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
Our College is proud of its enthusiastic and passionate team of teachers, who utilise best possible classroom practice to create both safe, supportive and inclusive learning environments thus promoting a culture of high performance. We have a strong Student Services team that competently and effectively manage the needs of our students. Our behaviour management plan aims at ensuring an appropriate learning environment for our students at all times. As we are a Positive Behaviour School, our focus is on rewarding and encouraging positive behaviours and attitudes as well as providing fair and consistent consequences for undesirable behaviour.
Our primary focus has and always will be the enthusiasm, engagement and learning needs of our students. At Darling Range Sports College, we pride ourselves on treating each child as an individual and continually strive to meet their academic, cultural, sporting, citizenship and pastoral needs as we prepare them to step up to the challenges of the future.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Darling Range Sports College please visit www.darlingrangesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Brian Bowen, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9453 0100 or emailing Brian.Bowen@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
- Telephone Brian Bowen, Manager Corporate Services, on (08) 94530100 during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.00am and 3.30pm) to answer a series of questions over the phone, or request an application form.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 April 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED