Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS620717
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2020
Are you looking for a rewarding challenge?
Southern River College is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Student Support Coordinator to join our friendly team.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and dedicated individual to provide support for students, build family partnerships and create community links in order to improve social, emotional and behavioural outcomes for our students. The Student Support Coordinator works alongside members of a multidisciplinary Student Services team, teachers, other professionals and stakeholders to develop these outcomes. You will be responsible for developing pro-active learning programs and implementing intervention strategies which provide a responsive and effective support systems for students. As part of the Student Services team you will provide support and mentoring for achievement at school and in other learning environments.
Other roles that the Student Support Coordinator will be responsible for are:
- Raising the profile and working alongside the AEIO and Wirrpanda Foundation with the Aboriginal Cultural Standards Framework and Aboriginal School based Traineeships.
- Coordination of the Engagement and Transition Program for Year 10 students.
- Administration of Year 11 & 12 students refererred to the Participation Team and the management of Notice of Arrangements.
- Complex Behaviours management of certain assigned students.
The Student Support Coordinator will have responsibility for implementing interventions to support attendance, student leadership, school/ family connections and community partnerships. As the successful applicant you will be able to work in a team, collaborate with colleagues and build positive relationships with students, families, staff and community members. The suitable applicants will also be able to prioritise and manage time efficiently to able to effectively manage competing priorities.
Our vision for Southern River College is to develop confident and active global citizens by creating opportunities for all students Years 7 to 12 as they progress through their educational pathways. Our College promotes academic excellence and vocational aspirations for our students, celebrates their diversity and fosters their ambitions. The College has an array programs and initiatives, making a real difference to many students and their future aspirations
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Well-developed oral and written communication and interpersonal skills that demonstrate an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines and work autonomously and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Well-developed research, conceptual and analytical skills and experience in identifying problems and developing appropriate intervention strategies and support programs.
- Skills and experience in working with individual or small groups of students who are experiencing difficulties.
- Knowledge of the youth sector, particularly local organisations and services
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Southern River College can be found by visiting www.southernrivercollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Owen Davies, Student Services Manager by telephoning (08) 9495 3200 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Possess a Tertiary qualification in the Social or Behavioural Science area
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 1 April 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.