Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS623350
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020
Wattle Grove Primary School (PS) is seeking a hardworking and reliable Gardener - Handyperson to join their dedicated team.
The successful applicant will work to provide gardening, grounds and facility management to ensure a safe and clean school environment. They will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. In this role, you will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson duties in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines
Situated in the foothills of the Darling Ranges, 14 kilometres east of Perth, Wattle Grove Primary School has a rich history spanning over 100 years. Our children have the unique opportunity to connect with the past whilst embracing a contemporary, modern and innovative learning environment, with state of the art facilities.
Our identity as a school has evolved, yet our community ties are as strong as they have ever been. Children set foot through our school gates and feel happy, safe and connected to their school. As a school, we make the most of every day and value building relationships with children, their parents and family members, as well as our wider school community.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Wattle Grove Primary School please visit www.wattlegroveps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
Please contact Janie Street, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9453 6722 or emailing Janie.Street@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Download the application form below and return it completed to the school reception or by emailing it to Janie.Street@education.wa.edu.au.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- complete introductory School Gardener training within three months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Monday, 30 March 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED